GeoPlatform is the Open Source Framework developed by geoSDI for creating Rich Web GIS Applications.
The framework has two main modules:
- geoPlatoform GUI (Contains all logic for the UI)
- geoPlatoform Services (Contains all logic for the services stack)
geoSDI implements web portals with the Geo-Platform Framework for using geospatial information.
Particular attention is fixed on the latest technology and the use of web services defined by Open Geospatial Consortium.
The framework Geo-Platform developed by geoSDI allows the creation of Extensible Web Application, through widgets that serve particular functions. geoSDI already offers widgets developed to enrich their Geo Portals plus the ability to develop widgets specifically for their customers to better fit to the requirements of specific cases
Architectures for Spatial Data Infrastructures
geoSDI designs and realizes complex scalable architectures for implementation of Spatial Data Infrastructures, based on the specific needs of individuals or organizations who need geospatial technologies in the world.
The high scalability of the solutions ensures the work on many parameters to obtain the best performance for the case with the minimization of costs.
geoSDI implements and distributes geospatial web-based software systems using an open source approach.
Provides support to Companies, Public Administrations, Businesses and Government Agencies with:
- design services, construction and management of geoportals
- services management and optimization of Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDI)
The main areas of activity are:
- Software development
- Enterprise support for open source platforms dedicated to geospatial information management
- geoportals development
- Design, development and optimization of SDI (Spatial Data Infrastructures)
- Account hosting services to manage and share geographic data
- Tracking services for the management and monitoring of spatial fleets and operational resources
- Technical consulting in the field of management and sharing of geospatial data
- Training for operators of operational tools
The applications are based on the framework Geo-Platform: born in the research group geoSDI, Institute of Methodologies for Environmental Analysis of the National Research Council (CNR - IMAA), was fully developed by the team geoSDI.
The system allows high scalability of solutions and applications, with best performance and stability.
Currently the framework is in use in many international projects and it is applied for the management of spatial databases of the Italian National Civil Protection Department.
geoSDI is also able to build applications, widgets, and custom systems, which can also integrate with existing management systems, to meet specific requirements of management of geographical information.