- The Prime Ministre's office - Civil protection dept. selects the Institute for Environmental Analisys of Nation Council of research to create the Competence Centre (CNR IMAA) for the Spatial Data Infrastructure.
Inside the research center founded the group that coordinates and geoSDI which manages the Competence Centre for Spatial Data Infrastructure of the Prime Ministre's office - Civil Protection dept.
"To Develop and / or to use tools and technologies of telematics and geomatics to generate interoperability in real-time and technical-scientific systems, especially to manage, to share and to exchange data and relevant volumes of information"
- Analysis of projects, technologies and solutions in the domain of:
Cooperation, Interoperability, Standards, Earth Observation, Geospatial Data Interoperability, technologies used, Innovative techniques.
- The year begins developing a prototype for the visualization and management of geospatial data using OGC OWS services with SaaS technology (geoSDI ERA Viewer)
April 6, 2009 - Earthquake in Abruzzo: Operative support for the quake-emergency
July 2009 - G8 L'Aquila: geoSDI is used to support the international management of geospatial information in Civil and Military Agencies for the big event G8
- Consolidation of the solution-emergency activities at the international level: Haiti,Chile geoSDI solution installed on behalf of the United Nations agency with the WFP in Zambia within the project for the construction of a Zepris DMMU (Disaster Management and Mitigation Unit) for the government of Zambia in Lusaka
Signed a research agreement with Finmeccanica to create a Geographic Information System SITDPC for Department of Civil Protection
- Geo-Platform stable release 1.3 - http://code.google.com/p/geo-platform
- The system was operational during the earthquake in Emilia and has been used as a platform for the management of Dicomac (Directorate of Command and Control) to managed the entire geospatial information flow to support the emergency activities. Also introduced the support for of mobile systems (iPhone and SmartPhone) for the detection and reporting directly to and from the citizen.
- The system has been chosen by the Italian Defence General Staff for the realization of a classified geospatial data infrastructure.